.... the place to meet
Creating a ‘hub’ for the community of Blackboys and surrounding area was the key element of our vision for The Grove.
Blackboys had lost all the village shops in recent years and we also wanted to provide a place where people could meet and socialise as well as be used for village events.
We are also aware that living in a rural community can add to the feeling of loneliness and isolation. The Hub is a place where any individual or group can rest, feel safe and be instilled with a sense of wellbeing. A place to be able to join in with other people when desired.
We are keen to be available for local groups and events so please talk to us if you have an idea or need a venue
Our regular activities are:
- Get Crafty: 10am every Monday. Bring along your knitting, crochet, small sewing or craft project and natter while you work.
- Elevenses with Company: 11am every Tuesday - if you don’t often get to meet other people, this is an opportunity to get together with people who live in your community and make new friends
- Busy Bee Club (Seniors Lunch Club): every other Tuesday 10.30am – 2pm
- Book Group: 10am every 1st Wednesday of the month. Pick up this month’s book, discuss last month’s book and anything else you have read.
- Creative Writing: 2pm to 3pm, every other Wednesday during Term Time. An opportunity to discuss your ideas and then spend some time writing them up.
- Happy to Chat Day: 9am to 4pm every Thursday - This activity came about from ‘Happy to Chat Benches’ (@chatbench / www.sclt.us/chat-bench) which are springing up worldwide in a bid to combat isolation and loneliness. These benches have a notice stating that anyone sitting on it is happy for people to approach them and chat to them. Come along to The Grove on Thursdays, sit on our communal table and enjoy the company of others. Special offers on a hot drink with cake and a two course meal for those eating communally.
Unless stated activities are free to attend but we ask that refreshments are purchased to thank The Grove for their hospitality.
Special offer: A cup of tea/coffee and cake £3.50 for those attending activities.
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org